Monday, July 13, 2009

A variation on Amazon's recommendations

A couple of days ago I was browsing through Amazon, getting to know more about how their gift certificates work. Today I got this in my inbox:


"Thanks for visiting Amazon Gift Cards"... wow! they know...

Mixing the right amount of images and words, this short, catchy email is a masterpiece of simplicity and effectiveness:
  • Clear value proposition: spread the smiles
  • How it works: email, print it, mail it...
  • Actionable: buy a Gift Card button, Quick Gift Idea, Pay with Points
  • even Cross-selling!: Amazon Gift Cards are redeemable at endless.com
I do not know the cost of the technology that tracks the pages I have visited and determine that I didn't buy a gift card. The rest is simple, dirt cheap, good marketing

1 comment:

Santiago Rodríguez de Miguel said...

One improvement it could include is how easy is it to buy the gift card. There's a button to buy it but no visibility over how cumbersome the process can be...