Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Telefonica Distrito C

Today I have visited Telefonica's HQ in Madrid, Distrito C. It was a quick visit but I was impressed by such a beautiful and state-of-the-art campus, designed by Spanish architect Rafael de la Hoz .

400,000 square meters, 16 buildings with shopping centers and food courts, a 24-hour open space (access control is performed inside the buildings), 26,000 square meters of solar cells, a decicated underground station ... and a very pleasant feeling when you walk around the facility.


Mine is just the point of view of a visitor. I know there are many criticisms by people who have to commute and work every day in this kind of campuses (Banco Santander´s HQ in Boadilla, Madrid, called Ciudad del Santader, is another example) but I must admit that it reconciled myself with Spain´s capability to do great things (for the second time in 24 hours).

No comments: