Sunday, June 21, 2009

The recurring theme of passion, the flow and happiness in life

In the last 10 days I have been out of town, on a road trip through Georgia, Tennessee and North Carolina. Most of the journey is not just what you see but (1) who you travel with and (2) who do you know along the way.

In relation with (1), I should talk about my travel companion's ability to attract positive interactions and generate unexpected events (she's the best karma magnet I have ever known) but I might leave that for another post.

Regarding (2) In Knoxville we met Kevin Bradley from Yee-Haw Industrial Letterpress & Design Co. and some of his co-workers and friends.

Yee-Haw Industries Headquarters
413 South Gay St. , Knoxville, Tennessee


The firm was was founded in 1997 by Kevin and Julie Belcher. Their work is custom-to-order, designed, set, and pressed by hand. By the way, this is their blog.

T-shirts, grocery totes, exhibition or local musicians posters, calendars...
if it's printable, you name it!


a sample of their wonderful working letterpress collection
most of it is salvaged equipment, bought from retired printers


There is so much I can tell about visiting Kevin's beautiful art - should I say dreams?- factory. Above all I confirmed the power of passion I referred to in my post about Adam from Oakland's very own Linden Street Brewery. A somehow quaint facility that invites to dream and work, generosity, love for even the smallest detail, contagious good mood and smiles, time flying unnoticed...To me that' s how work should look like.

and a sense of humor...

No comments: